Please update your browser.
Troubleshoot Common Connection or Communication Issues
Card Reader Connection Issues
If you are having difficulty downloading software or processing transactions, check the following:
- Verify that the cables are securely connected to the correct port on the terminal and the router.
- Confirm that the card reader light indicators are on. These lights may be located where your Ethernet cable is connected to your reader, or on the reader’s display screen.
- Try rebooting your router and/or card reader.
- Disconnect the power cable to the card reader and router.
- Unplug the Ethernet cables connecting the equipment. Wait approximately 30 seconds. Reconnect the cables and the power on the devices from the wall to the reader. Allow 60 seconds for the reader and application to reboot and establish a connection with the router.
- If your business uses the same router to connect to a PC, you should attempt to visit a website to verify that the router is working properly.
- Lastly, to verify whether the port is working properly, connect the reader’s Ethernet cable to the port on your router.
Integrated or Point-of-Sale Solution Troubleshooting
If you are using a point-of-sale system serviced by a third-party provider, try rebooting the reader, mobile device or PC being used to process payments.
If you still experience issues, please contact your provider for request support. Chase will not be able to troubleshoot issues related to the application or the point-of-sale solution.
Still Having Issues?
First visit product support and select your product or solution which is experiencing issues. If your issue cannot be resolved, you can find important contact information on the Contact Us Business page.
You’re now leaving Chase
Chase's website and/or mobile terms, privacy and security policies don’t apply to the site or app you're about to visit. Please review its terms, privacy and security policies to see how they apply to you. Chase isn’t responsible for (and doesn’t provide) any products, services or content at this third-party site or app, except for products and services that explicitly carry the Chase name.