Please update your browser.
Last Updated: October 24, 2018
- If you have a financial product or service with us, we will use and share any information that we collect from or about you in accordance with our Merchant Services Privacy Statement.
- Our online services are not intended for children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 without parental consent.
Information We Collect
When you visit or use our online services, we may collect personal information from or about you such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number(s), account numbers, limited location information (for example, a postal code), user name and password. We may also collect payment card information, tax identification numbers, driver’s license numbers (or comparable information) when you provide such information while using our online services and where we believe it is reasonably required for ordinary business purposes.
Usage and Other Information
For your convenience, Chase offers you the ability to access some of our products and services through mobile applications and mobile-optimized websites (“Chase Mobile”). When you interact with us through Chase Mobile, we may collect information such as unique device identifiers for your mobile device, your screen resolution and other device settings, information about your location, and analytical information about how you use your mobile device. We may ask your permission before collecting certain information (such as precise geo-location information) through Chase Mobile.
Additional Sources of Information
Use of Information
We use the information discussed above in a number of ways, such as:
- Processing applications and transactions;
- Verifying your identity (such as when you access your account information);
- Preventing fraud and enhancing the security of your account or our online services;
- Responding to your requests and communicating with you;
- Managing your preferences;
- Performing analytics concerning your use of our online services, including your responses to our emails and the pages and advertisements you view;
- Providing you tailored content and marketing messages;
- Operating, evaluating and improving our business (including developing new products and services; improving existing products and services; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies; and
- For any other purposes that we may specifically disclose at the time you provide or we collect your information.
We may also use data that we collect on an aggregate or anonymous basis (such that it does not identify any individual customers) for various business purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
Disclosure of Information
We may share the information we collect from and about you with our affiliates and other third parties. For example, we may share your information with:
- Chase third-party service providers;
- Chase affiliated websites and businesses in an effort to bring you improved service across our family of products and services, when permissible under relevant laws and regulations;
- Other companies to bring you co-branded services, products or programs;
- Third parties or affiliates in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale, consolidation or merger of Chase businesses; and
We may share anonymous or aggregated information with third parties to help deliver products, services, and content that are better tailored to the users of our online services and for other purposes.
Understanding Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Tracking Technologies
- "Cookies” are small amounts of data a website can send to a visitor’s web browser. They are often stored on the device you are using to help track your areas of interest. Cookies may also enable us or our service providers and other companies we work with to relate your use of our online services over time to customize your experience. Most web browsers allow you to adjust your browser settings to decline or delete cookies, but doing so may degrade your experience with our online services.
- Clear GIFs, pixel tags or web beacons—which are typically one-pixel, transparent images located on a webpage or in an email or other message—or similar technologies may be used on our sites and in some of our digital communications (such as email or other marketing messages). They may also be used when you are served advertisements or you otherwise interact with advertisements outside of our online services. These are principally used to help recognize users, assess traffic patterns and measure site or campaign engagement.
- Local Shared Objects, sometimes referred to as “flash cookies” may be stored on your hard drive using a media player or other software installed on your device. Local Shared Objects are similar to cookies in terms of their operation, but may not be managed in your browser in the same way.
Linking to Third-Party Websites
We use reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with industry standards to protect and limit access to personal information. This includes device safeguards and secured files and buildings. Please note that information you send to us electronically may not be secure when it is transmitted to us. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information (such as your tax identification number) to us.
The file containing your personal information is maintained on our servers or those of our service providers and will be accessible authorized employees, representatives and agents. You may request access to or correction of the personal information in our custody or control, or ask any questions about our personal information handling practices (including our use of service providers outside of Canada) by writing to our Chief Privacy Officer at:
255 Consumers Road, Suite 300