If you’re using a VX520 terminal and are seeing a ‘CAPK Expired’ error message, please click here.
A critical Verifone update is required by March 31, 2020 to avoid a potential disruption to service. This update is required for all VeriFone VX520 and VX680 terminals.
Here's what you will need to do:
Verify the version installed on your terminal(s):
- Press [*] to enter the VMAC menu.
- Press the far right purple hot key on the VX520 and blue key on the VX680 to enter the VMAC reports menu.
- Press the key to the right of “Summary Report.” The summary report prints.
- On your VMAC Summary Report, in the GID Information section, the “VCSUI” application version should reflect XCSB1F544 for VX520 and XCSB1F493 for VX680 models.
If your terminal(s) has the versions listed above, no further action is required.
If your terminal(s) does not have the versions listed above and your terminal(s) is not scheduled to receive automatic updates, click here for instructions to download the correct version to your terminal.
If your terminal(s) is scheduled to receive automatic updates but does not have the versions listed above, click here for VX520 or here for VX680 instructions to download the correct version to your terminal.
Keep in mind, when your terminal is set for automatic updates you should:
- Keep the terminal powered on to allow automatic updates
- Complete all settlements and pre-authorizations
- Allow the terminal to attempt to download anywhere from 3 to 5 times in a 25 minute span
- Remember, the time for downloads may vary depending on your connection
We are here to help!
If you do not update your device(s) with the latest available update prior to the March 31, 2020 deadline, you could experience disruptions.
If you have further questions, need more information, or your terminal requires this update please call us anytime at 1-888-886-8869.
You’re now leaving Chase
Chase's website and/or mobile terms, privacy and security policies don’t apply to the site or app you're about to visit. Please review its terms, privacy and security policies to see how they apply to you. Chase isn’t responsible for (and doesn’t provide) any products, services or content at this third-party site or app, except for products and services that explicitly carry the Chase name.