Action Needed to Fight Fraud.
Update Credit Card Terminals
Many clients have already updated and no further action is needed but we want to make sure everyone is ready.
- There is a new internet security standard called SHA-2 (the Secure Hash Algorithm technology)
- Your point-of-sale (POS) terminal must be upgraded to work with this new security standard
- Improves how your customers' payment information is encrypted
Why do I have to upgrade?
- Point of Sale Solutions not compatible with the new standard won't be able to process payments unless there is a dial-up connection
What do I need to do?
- Contact your relationship manager
- Contact Merchant Services:
- For point-of-sale (POS) terminals, please contact 1-888-354-3055.
- For Net Connect and Orbital Integrators, please Click Here or contact 1-800-254-9556.
IMPORTANT. TAKE ACTION NOW.
If your terminal is not compatible with the new SHA-2 security standard, you won't be able to process payments unless you have a dial-up connection.
Fraud may never be completely stopped. But to drive it away from your business, the time to act is now. Your customers, and your bottom line, will be the better for it.